Call for applications: Pitch Competition for entrepreneurs
The next generation of entrepreneurs under the spotlight!
As part of the Grande rencontre des entrepreneurs presented by Desjardins next April 26, you could get a chance to enter our Pitch Competition!
The competition’s goals are:
● Supporting young entrepreneurs innovating in early stages!
● Help them develop their project using sensible advice from seasoned business persons, including several renowned Montreal-based entrepreneurs.
● And support them financially thanks to the many grants offered by the Competition’s partners.
The 2019 Grande rencontre des entrepreneurs is made possible thanks to the support of our presenting Partner, Desjardins.
Are you an entrepreneur aged 18-40 with a start-up project or business you’d like to present in front of our guest judges as part of our Pitch Competition? It’s time to sign up for a chance to participate! Selected entrepreneur-applicants will be invited to attend a training session given by an expert who will advise them on the best current practices for pitches.
Prizes will be awarded to finalists in each category and to the Pitch Competition winner, including several cash prizes and international-mobility assistance.
- Digital and technology: These businesses aim to improve, change, modify, transform, or revolutionize an activity sector through technology or innovation.
- Green or social economy: Companies, projects or organizations engaged in economic activities for social purposes, i.e. selling or trading goods and services not for profit, but with the goal of meeting the needs of its members or of the host community. They could also be making conscious efforts to bring about an improved human wellbeing and social equality while significantly reducing environmental risk and resource shortages.
- Food: Companies, projects or organizations, with or without a physical point of sale, who are transforming the food market through innovation, products or services.
Submit your application in the category that best fits your project, and get a chance to be one of the Competition’s finalists!
- 1:30PM-3PM: 1st round
Applicants will have 2 minutes to present their business project to a jury comprised of renowned personalities. The judges pick 1 finalist per category for the final round. This is a unique opportunity to receive expert advice and react to comments live.
- 3:20PM-3:40PM: 2nd round
The 3 finalists will present their pitch in front of the Grande rencontre des entrepreneurs’ audience, and the judges will pick a winner.
- 4:10PM: Winner’s name revealed
Prizes and awards
All finalists will receive a $1,000 award offered by the event’s partners.
The grand prize winner will receive an additional grant of $1,500 + a pass for the 9th edition of the StartupFest (4 days) + a one-year JCCM membership (value of $150+tax).
If you have questions, write us at: email@example.com.
Dates of note
- Call for applications opens: February 14, 2019
- Call for applications closes: March 21, 2019
- Training session: Week of April 8, 2019.
- Pitch Competition: April 26, 2019 in the afternoon.
Please note that no registration will be accepted on the spot.
See our cancellation policy.